Trinity Christian School currently accepts the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (income-based) and the Gardiner Scholarship (special needs) through Step Up for Students, Florida Private School Scholarships through AAA Scholarship Foundation, and State of Florida McKay Scholarships.
For maximum assistance with tuition and associated school fees, it is recommended that you research these scholarships before applying for Tuition Assistance.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for tuition assistance must be submitted in June prior to the fall term.
See specific dates near the bottom of this page.
School tuition assistance is available to qualifying families of children entering kindergarten through high school. Students must register and be accepted at Trinity Christian School prior to applying for financial aid. All registration fees are non-refundable even if financial assistance is not granted. If a student is not accepted due to other factors such as not passing the entrance test or poor behavioral history, registration fees will be returned. Current students will have priority for financial assistance, followed by Trinity Baptist Church members and finally to new families. Additional financial assistance is not available to families already receiving AAA, Step Up For Students corporate tax money, Gardiner scholarship, or the McKay scholarship (see 'Scholarship' section above).
Trinity Christian School uses the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed by the School Board who make recommendations to the Administrator. The School Board reserves the right to conduct further reviews of applicants including verification of church involvement and the research of certain hardship cases to determine needs. Upon approval by the Administrator, financial aid offers are then sent to qualifying families.
In addition to what is required for the online application, a personal letter explaining why you desire to have your child/children attend Trinity Christian School should be placed in a sealed envelope addressed to: Trinity Christian School Board. All information received will remain confidential. The letter must be received in the school office no later than June 30, 2019. All families will be notified of their status upon approval.
Once the committee offers financial aid to a family, the family will be asked to sign an acceptance letter. If financial aid is granted, some volunteer work at TCS is required. If you received financial aid during 2018-2019 school year, please include in your letter to the board the ways that you volunteered. Financial aid is granted on an annual basis and can be discontinued at any time if the family does not abide by the criteria detailed below. Any money granted is subject to the number of applicants and available funding. Not all applicants will be granted financial aid.
Other criteria considered in awarding financial assistance:
- Financial need
- Academic performance of student (maintain a 2.0 average)
- Christian character of student
- Disciplinary history of student
- Parent cooperation and school involvement
- TCS family financial accounts are current and account history may be reviewed
Trinity Christian School is striving to make Kingdom Education available to every family.Trinity Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic background.
Families must reapply each year. To start the process, do the following:
- Click on the FAST link below
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online email and a 24/7 helpline is provided. Do not call the school with questions.
- The charge for the application is to be paid by credit card at the end of the session.
- After completing the online application, mail your tax return(s) for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2's to:
1316 North Union St.
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
- Include the school's name on the outside of the envelope to ensure faster processing of your application.
- Online submission is available beginning February 22, 2019.
- The online submission deadline for all applications is June 30, 2019.
- Tax returns must follow the submission and be postmarked by June 30, 2019.
- Make your tax appointment early.